Today I’m going to teach you about the WHIPS concept when it comes to content marketing. If you follow this concept, even if you’re not the best writer, you’ll be able to attract the right type of audience and then convert them into a customer. With content marketing, you don’t need to be the best writer, you just need to understand your reader.
RESOURCES & LINKS:
Download the assets mentioned in this video: https://neilpatel.com/training/
SEO Unlocked Course Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_lySNxCag0&list=PLJR61fXkAx11Oi6EpqJ9Es4rVOIZhwlSG
And if you follow the WHIPS concept, you won’t have to worry about that one bit. And I’m going to break them down one step at a time.
So window shopper, they’re usually interested in purchasing something, but they might not be from you. They’re always Googling, searching for a solution, and if you’re using the keyword Ideas Report, Ubersuggest, it’ll help you find a lot of help me key words. So when someone’s Googling for the solution, you want to make sure they find your site. And again, you can get these keywords the inform me type of ones from the keyword Ideas Report within Ubersuggest.
Persuade me, these people know about a product or service and the competitors, and that’s a really important part. And again, if you’re looking for a comparison related keywords that are more so related to persuade me, you can find them in the comparison tab on Ubersuggest. And of course the show me, they knows about the specific product or service. They just need the final push.
20 things that’ll help you become better content marketers.
– The first one is put people first. If you help people and always put them first, you’re much more likely to succeed.
– Number two, you want to create content that teaches if your content doesn’t teach and educate people and really provide a benefit where they’re done reading and they’re like, “Oh, I learned this,” you’re not going to do well.
– Number three, create a conversation. By creating a conversation, by using the words you and I within your blog post, it’s going to feel like they’re right there in front of you having a conversation with you and they’re much more likely to stick around.
– Four, define your own tone. Use your own voice, do what’s natural for you. Don’t try to copy someone else’s voice.
– You also want to write to one person. Remember, yes, thousands of people could be reading your content, but it’s one person at a time, so make sure that you’re writing to that one person. That way it’s much more personable.
– You can also use Google voice instead of typing, so in Google docs you can use the voice feature. A lot of times I’ll just talk and it’ll write things down and then I’ll go back and then modify it.
– Number seven, use active voice over passive voice. Active voices like you stole the cookie from the cookie jar.
– I also want you to keep your sentences short. Two to three sentences max per paragraph.
– I also want you to use simple words. I hate when people use complex words or technical jargon. It’s really a big pet peeve for me.
– You also want to backup your findings with research. If you’re using data trying to prove a point, you need a back it all up with research.
– Read inspirational writers. I read people like Seth Godin or Guy Kawasaki, love their writing style. Go find ones that really resonate with you, read it because it’ll help you become a better writer.
– You also want to add visual media. I use a ton of images as well as videos and even sometimes audio file and it helps convey my message. Image says a thousand words.
– You want to guide your user to their next step. Let them know what they need to do step by step and make sure you interlink to other related content pieces that can help them with their journey.
– And of course with your blog posts, I love wrapping things up with a conclusion. A lot of people will go to your blog post, scroll all the way down, read the conclusion, if they like it, they’ll scroll back up and then read the rest.
– Start with the personal story. Storytelling is a 1,000-plus-year-old marketing tactic. It works really well.
– Edits can wait, your piece doesn’t have to be perfect.
– End with the question and when they leave a comment, I make sure I respond to each and every single one.
► If you need help growing your business check out my ad agency Neil Patel Digital @ https://neilpateldigital.com/
►Subscribe: https://goo.gl/ScRTwc to learn more secret SEO tips.
►Find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/neilkpatel/
►On Instagram: https://instagram.com/neilpatel/
#SEO #NeilPatel #DigitalMarketing
Highly Relevant 5 Tips on How to Buy Solo Ads
Are you looking for a fast and easy way of generating traffic to your offer? You do not have to waste time searching for the best solution because solo ads are the most effective option available.How To Perform Online Marketing
Online marketing has become the lifeblood of new and existing companies in the digital age. There are steps to be taken to optimize your company’s performance and really get the most out of utilizing an online marketing strategy.The Different Online Marketing Trends In The World
The internet has changed the way in which people share information. There has been a shift in the marketing techniques in the last few years. The trend is toward inbound marketing and outbound marketing techniques are now passe.How To Start A Business Online With Minimal Internet Knowledge
The very fact that you are reading this article is proof that you have the basic skills needed to get started. This article is published online and you probably found it via an email, a search engine or a link from another website. Here are 5 steps to help you begin.Taking Stock of Your Content Marketing Approach
Most people in business seem to understand that content marketing is one of those things that is necessary for people if they wish to succeed and to bring their businesses to the next level. You may be doing many things that are helping your to succeed; however, it may be time to examine what you are doing and to identify any mistakes that you are making with your content marketing campaign.5 Ways To Find Time To Run A Side Business From Home
The one thing that holds a lot of people back from starting a side business is that they think that they won’t have the time. But the solution is not about getting more time, as we all have the same 24 hours in each day. The key is to manage the time available and make it work more effectively.Does Your Business Need Online Marketing Services?
For your online business to be successful, you need to start with having your website done by a professional. Then there’s the need of getting your site ranked higher by the search engines, which will bring you a lot of potential clients, but how can you achieve this? Well, you can surely rely on the services of a professional for online marketing.Simple WordPress Plugins For Security
This article does not deal with comprehensive firewall systems for WordPress. This article aims to highlight some small but powerful tools to keep your WordPress website secure.Is Outsourcing A Justifiable Cost?
Where ever you look, you will find that successful internet marketers that are cashing in at the high end of the profit spectrum are those who either have a large employee staff or a large number of outsourced-freelancers – (or both) – to carry the majority of the workload. Their payout for the return of the required services is a cost of doing business and represents the majority of high-earning marketers.3 Ways to Improve Website Conversion Rates
There are many subtle ways to improve conversion rates of a website. Discover three ways you can take your business to new heights with these tips quickly.